<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Dr. Seuss Shirts & Hair Clips

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DIY Dr. Seuss Shirts & Hair Clips



My son is learning to read in kindergarten this year, and can now read books like Green Eggs and Ham from Dr. Seuss by himself. There's something so meaningful and great as a parent when you hear your child able read for the first time. I love it!

This past summer I put out a post about how I filled out the same "All about Me" Dr. Seuss book with my son that I did in 1985.


At the end I added these treats made with Oreos and gummy lifesavers. Guess what? This is by far the most pinned image and popular post I've had! I think that is so random and funny...and just today it received 7,000 page views. I think it's because Dr. Seuss Day is March 2! Are you celebrating?
If you're looking to buy Dr. Seuss books or films try these Overstock coupons.




We are for sure! :) Here are some goodies I made yesterday for the kids...





These are buttons stacked and hot glued together on top of a hair clip.


For shirts I used sheets of Quick Fuse fabric that you can print and iron on. I buy mine from Joanne's in the fabric section. I found these images on Google and resized them on Word to print..






Here they are ironed on.




To embellish further I hand stitched some ruffles with satin red ribbon for the hat.



I stitched a bow to the other shirt with the same ribbon.

Yay! Super cute....They're all ready!






P.S. I wanted to point out that I added a way to follow me through Linky tools on the upper right hand side. I guess Google Friend Connect is going away soon so here is a way to follow blogs you love. Thanks!











Joining these parties:
obSEUSSedLinkCollection
A++
Design Dazzle


The 36th AVENUE

Momma Hens Coop



Photobucket











Skip To My Lou
Momspiration Monday @ Moms By Heart
Tip Junkie handmade projects

25 Comments:

At February 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shirts look great! How exciting that you had so many pins on this post.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

I love the hair clips! My daughter would love those! I invite you to share this post on my blog to help celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. I think my readers would love it!

http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

 
At February 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Tonii said...

These shirts are SO fantastic! I love the ruffles you added...so darling. I found you at Southern Lovely and am your newest follower, can't wait to look through more of your great ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger JENNY K. said...

My kids love Dr. Seuss! These projects are adorable! Visiting from 36th Avenue. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it, I'm pinning and I'm checking obSeussed!!! Thanks for sharing. Stopped in From At the Picket Fence.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Those shirts are so cute & creative!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Keitha said...

Love your Seuss ideas!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Lina, you are so creative! And those Dr. Seuss Hats are adorable! No wonder they were pinned so many times! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and give you the recipe for the sourdough bread made in a bread machine, but I can't find your email. Contact me if you want it. Blessings from Bama!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My daughter's school has a huge celebration for Dr. Seuss' birthday every year, and these would be perfect! I am hosting a Link Party today and would love for you to add these, and anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

 
At February 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

I LOVE these ideas! Those shirts are adorable! And I totally understand the sweets--I want to make them too! I'm featuring this post tomorrow when I share ideas for Dr. Seuss' birthday at Preschool Powol Packets!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Natalie@Detail-Oriented Diva said...

Cute! I am all about Dr. Seuss right now. We made cute little handprint Cat in the Hats yesterday!

Natalie@detailorienteddiva.blogspot.com

 
At February 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger MiaB said...

These Dr. Seuss ideas are so great!!! We're doing a lot of Dr. Seuss this week as well :) Would like to invite you to share this with us at Sharing Saturday here..

http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/02/sharing-saturday-8.html

Thanks so much and have a great weekend,
MiaB

 
At February 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Hilary said...

cute stuff! i'm a new follower...follow back, if you'd like! :)

~Hilary~

http://daydreambeliever-hilary.blogspot.com/

 
At February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Amy said...

New follower from the blog hop. :-) www.punkprincesscreations.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I absolutely LOVE the hair clips! So fun ... my daughter would love them!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Awww! How adorable! Love all the Dr. Seuss cuteness!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Seriously the cutest Dr. Seuss post I have seen yet. LOVE IT!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Q @ JAQS said...

You are so creative! I love these :)

Love for you to share it at my "Made by ME" Linky Party Wednesdays :)
http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

 
At February 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Six Sisters said...

These are the cutest Cat in the Hat ideas! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

 
At March 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I can't even remember where I am visiting from but I love your style and idea!! I am not sure how fast you respond to emails on comments but what kind of a printer do you have for the print out on the material from JoAnn's? I am tempted to do this but never know if it requires some fancy printer?

 
At March 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Lindsi B said...

Hi there! I'm visiting you from your link up on Tip Junkie. I'd like to invite you to link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/03/fun-stuff-fridays-13.html This would be a nice addition to our list of Fabulous Fun Stuff!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

These are adorable!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will share with us again this week!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

I love Dr. Seuss & these are adorable!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger luvGodncountry said...

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I pinned it and am following you now! You are so very creative!!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, those clips are to die for!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home