<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Vintage Mod Podge Ornaments & My Christmas Tree

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Vintage Mod Podge Ornaments & My Christmas Tree



So... I worked 2 days straight on decorations and getting the house ready for Christmas! It's looking really festive and I can't wait to show you all the projects I've completed! Yay! I love the holidays :)

My tree is done and take a peek at these little ornaments I redid using vintage maps and music paper printables from The Graphics Fairy. Such a great way to give new life to old or mismatched ornaments!


It's messy yet simple! Just apply Mod Podge and strips of paper to the ornaments.


After they dried. I tied with ribbon and burlap to hang. I love the result!




Remember my accordian paper love bird garland from my brother's wedding? Click here for instructions.


I saved and used them on my tree!

I also made made mini bunting with fabric triangles, string and hot glue for another garland.

I'm really diggin the cream, beige, and burlap combo on this tree! I already had the cream poinsettias from past years.... so it all worked out.


Well I am completely exhausted! Off to get some rest for tomorrow...Hoping to get in a family activity that does not include decorating :)



xoxo



Lina



Love it?
Pin It












Joining:


THE DEAL FANATIC LINK PARTY


Christmas Tree Party @ Thrifty Decor Chic



src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgVuPjzN2URXwL23sxFbNu2uA_xANDH0Vz7YukSArlabu9xGar8bqyQupVE5qtLkgGimHgTEWjc7LWEcE7YnTzz434qSEYwLI_ewdMZcmkVtH4xx2i9eC4YVPWXoU08I8uXch-8Eejmobhx/" width="125" height="125" />






One Artsy Mama


The Graphics Fairy
Photobucket


Momma Hens Coop







The 36th Avenue

vif187









Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special










Visit thecsiproject.com











































































33 Comments:

At November 26, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Christine said...

gorg!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Your tree is stunning! I love using old music paper in crafting, your bird garland is so creative! x
www.twinklestutustwirls.blogspot.com

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Boden said...

You have a lovely tree! Your mod-podged ornaments are absolutely charming. I'd be thrilled if you came and linked up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

~Jen

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Karen said...

So pretty! I love the vintage look and the tree looks fabulous as well!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger cheryl @ nefotlak. said...

very very cute.
love also the birds and the mini bunting.
must try.
c x.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Boden said...

Thanks for linking up! ~Jen

 
At November 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Brittany Stewart said...

So beautiful! I especially love the birds!

http://buttonsbirdsandbs.blogspot.com/

 
At November 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! What a lovely tree. I love anything made from book pages and/or sheet music. You did a great job. I'm going to have to check out the link for the music; I made a similar ornament and had the hardest time finding good free sheet music online. Would you share your gorgeous decor here? Pretty please??

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-3-and-some-fabulous.html

 
At November 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Blogger GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So many pretty things to see, Lina! Love the ornaments :)

Kindly, Lorraine

 
At November 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your ornaments are beautiful! The birds are very cute.

Dee

 
At November 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I'm your newest follower!http://alyssabeth1.blogspot.com/

 
At November 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Your tree looks great...love the ornaments :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

 
At November 30, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Your tree is very pretty! This year my tree is very similar to yours... I made similar modpoge ornaments and used burlap, as well.

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea...and love your burlappy tree!
Come visit me at www.palmettosandpigtails.com
-Shara

 
At December 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! Please come and do my tree! Lovely! (via Graphics Fairy)

 
At December 1, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your tree looks awesome.

 
At December 1, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Olive said...

The Modpodge ornies are wonderful. Thrifting as a way of life is wonderful to-that's how we do it!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

A D O R A B L E . Absolutely creative and festive for the season. I love this.. I would LOVE for you to please share this lovely feature via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party please.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursdayslinky-party.html ..THANKS so much.. Wishing you an amazing start to your weekend.. ~Marilyn

 
At December 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

I make these all the time, and the BEST part of the project is tossing the foam brush and smearing Mod Podge with my fingers... heaven!

Very pretty ornaments! :D

Cheers!

Visiting from TT&J tonight,
Smiles, and happy holidays from Chilly NW Illinois
Suzanne

 
At December 2, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Aubree said...

This is just what I have been looking for!!! THANKS!!!! Pinned....

 
At December 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Tisha Clapp said...

Love it! I am inspired to break out the Mod Podge and old books...

 
At December 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Kara said...

Fabulous! Everything looks beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. We hope you'll join us again soon.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life said...

These are fabulous!!!
I'd love it if you stopped by to share these at my new Holiday Party!

http://ablondesdiylife.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-holiday-party.html

 
At December 5, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger ElleSee said...

What a beautiful tree! Thank you for sharing your ideas :)

 
At December 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

The ornaments are awesome. I. Usually end up with more Mod Podge on me than on my project.

Ruth

 
At December 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Blogger GypsyFleur Vintage said...

LOVE the France Mod Podge:)

 
At December 6, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. Love the ornaments.
Thanks for the inspiration.

You have a lovely blog.

December wishes
Annika

 
At December 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Debra@CommonGround said...

Love your great ornaments and I'll be featuring this post on VIF this week, thanks so much for joining in on the party fun! xo

 
At December 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger peggy aplSEEDS said...

wonderful! i pinned your ornaments. maybe one day i can make some!

 
At December 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Crimson Heart Studios said...

Hey Lina, love your paper birds and banner garland. Bop on over to my blog. I have a very frugal vintage garland tutorial and giveaway. I think you will enjoy. Thanks, Cindy

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Honey at 2805 said...

Your tree is stunning! The ornaments and birds are so pretty, and the burlap banner is genius!

I am delighted you linked this beautiful tree to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger saltbox
treasures
said...

Visiting from the Christmas tree party! I love your tree. Everything is beautiful. A new type of handmade :).
~ Julie

 
At December 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger foreverdecorating said...

This bird is just so cool. You inspire me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home