<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: "Just Married" bunting banner

Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Just Married" bunting banner









Every vintage wedding needs some fabric bunting and here is mine. The best part is no sewing! The thought of that task was a little daunting so I used heat bond tape instead and it turned out great!



The other day I found a bunch of great quality fabric at Goodwill for half off. I scooped all this for less than $8.00…My fav is that yellow toile fabric for $1.00. I decided to use the solid beige fabric for my banner.

















All you need for this project is:
· Heat bond tape
· Fabric
· I used pinking shears
· Iron
· Starch
· Twine
· Paint & brush
· Stencils















First I made a triangle template with cardstock. Second I traced a diamond shape using both sides of the template & cut out shape with pinking shears. This is so its double sided. Third, I placed strips of the heat bond in the fold and at the point. Just iron and starch really well. The last thing I did was stencil the letters on with black paint. The bird stencil I made from clip art via Google.






So easy and I think will be a fun statement piece at my brother’s wedding!














Here's some of my own thrity finds & DIY projects with it!




























There's some of that fabric from Goodwill, my DIY chalkboard plate, thrifty plate stand, & a new sqare stand I found for $3.00. Love it!





























It's gonna go great with this cute-ness! By the way…thanks a whole bunch for all your sweet comments on my little vintage suitcase “Honeymoon fund”. The bride went crazy over this which also made me ecstatic!




























Speaking of the bride (my cute future SIL), her aunt is an incredible photographer in Utah. They recently road tripped it to see her and had these gorgeous engagements done. Visit Stephanie McBride Photography to see all the photos.





































Seriously... she captured their style and lovliness perfectly!!











This makes me even more excited about their wedding in Sedona, AZ this October. My 3 year old flower girl is super excited saying, “Mommy they’re getting ‘merweed’ and I’m gonna ‘fro’ some ‘frowers’.” Love it and can’t wait for that part!

Xoxo
Lina


Pin It













If you'd like :)

Partying here:



UndertheTableandDreaming



Tip Junkie handmade projects




HOG



Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick












Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

HookingupwithHoH

freckled laundry


36th Avenue

Photobucket








Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


12 Comments:

At July 31, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

they are so lucky to have you as their "Wedding Planner"! Their engagement photos are lovely! Do they need a wedding photographer? We travel :)

 
At July 31, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

Lina~How lucky to have you around for the wedding! This banner is just to cute for words (i have it tucked in my "to do folder)
I have been looking for a square cake server for the longestest time, you just find one at a thrift store, lucky girl! Where are they at my thrift store? sniff sniff!
The pics are AWESOME and it does help that the scenery is totally God made huh? Just the perfect backdrop.....WOW!

Always a pleasure to visit
~~Wendy

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Their pics are amazing!! Lovin' the banner too!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Anita said...

What great finds and wonderful pictures!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Creative Mammas said...

I love the banner! So cute, I love projects that have no sewing (since I cant sew).

 
At August 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM , Blogger LibbiesHome said...

I have really been loving the banners I see lately, but this one is really awesome! Such a great idea! I spotted you over at Terrific Under 10 Tuesdays on KIndra's blog. Thanks for sharing!

 
At August 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger bec @ smallbirdie.com said...

love these banners! so simple, but so stunning! thanks for sharing!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Sommer said...

That banner rocks! I just love the fabrics and textures! Those pictures are also incredible!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

How absolutely charming!! I love your bunting- so sweet and what beautiful photos too!! So great to meet you at Blogher-I just saw your blogher post too- I missed out on the manicure!!! Darn! But did get a super fantastic hand massage- I felt like I could hardly pick up my bags when she was done!! lol!!
Anyway, so glad you came by and thank you for joining Feathered Nest Friday and following along- I am already following you- yay!! Hope you come share again soon! Have a great weekend!! :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

WOW! Breathtaking post!

Congrats to the new couple and your lovely things you add to their special day

Visiting from Junky Junk Interior Linky Party
~Suzanne in Illinois

 
At August 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger KimMalk said...

I'm a recent bunting addict--yours is so adorable, nice job and great fabric find. I did an entire DIY wedding series here: http://cheapchichome.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding%20DIY It's very different in style than the vintage wedding, but may be helpful if you're doing any more decor. (My bunting was very little sewing ;)).

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Debra@CommonGround said...

These are great wedding ideas, and wow, that photography is amazing, they're a darling couple! thanks for sharing at VIF! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home